Advance your career and confidently move into a leadership position
Well hey there!
The fact that you're on this page tells me that chances are good you’re thinking about moving into a leadership position. You’re probably a lot like my clients - you're a smart, professional woman, ready to go for a promotion, buuuuut:
Hi, I'm Liz
I get it. I’ve been there. I came blazing out of high school and university with top marks and entered the work world with big plans. I quickly learned that there was so much more to success than being a high achiever. I still vividly remember the day I went back to my computer after struggling to connect with one of my colleagues who just didn’t seem to care about my opinion. I couldn’t figure out what I was doing wrong.
Turns out, I wasn't doing anything "wrong".
I learned that women face different leadership and communication challenges than men do. We can get stuck between two challenges: dealing with any impostor syndrome or confidence “stuff” (that men have too) AND we have to balance that with all of the gender expectations and impostor messages that we receive in the workplace.
This is why I created The Mint Ambition - to help you grow your leadership skills and advance your career while at the same time understanding that there are very real gender biases in the world.
How I got here.
It goes all the way back to when I was a kid. I've always had a passion for achievement and helping others improve. When I was younger, it came across as being "bossy". This "bossiness" was because I had an internal fire to help people - but I kept being told to stop being so bossy.
Over the years I’ve realized that I was being told an impostor MESSAGE that I wasn’t supposed to be “bossy”.
Once I realized there was nothing wrong with ME, I became wildly passionate to learn everything I could about helping other women become better leaders.
I became a Certified Professional Coach with an Energy Leadership specialty. I also went to George Washington University for a graduate certificate in leadership development. (I'd #humblebrag about my 4.0 GPA, except I’m pretty confident you were top of class in your field, so you wouldn’t expect anything less from your coach 😉
Some fun facts about me:
- I’m super short - like “climb up on the counter and reach up with a spatula to get the Oreos off the top shelf” kind of short.
- I have a toddler who was born while I launched my business - I sometimes feel like he’s part of my coaching business since he was there at the start (but no, he won’t be on our calls 🙂
- I was Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz in grade 5 and I just adored my sparkling ruby red slippers. I still have a love for bright red "pops" of colour, especially in my work outfits.
- I've been a glamour photographer and I love data science -- I'd like to think that I could hang equally well with Penny or Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.
- Oreo cookies are my achilles heel when I'm trying to stay healthy - even when I put them on the top shelf (remember, I’m willing to climb up on the counter with a spatula to get them).